Make A Commitment

In the early days of my Network Marketing career, I was frequently asked; How is it that I made it in Network Marketing for such an extended time period, when so many others were quitting or failing?

The answer to that question was then, and still is easy! "I made a commitment to myself". You see the day that I joined that very first company, I committed to myself that I would be there ONE YEAR later. That no matter what obstacles were thrown in my path, no matter who else quit, no matter what I had to learn...I would be there 12 months from that date!

Were there times that I felt like quitting? You bet there were. My sponsor John quit. I went upline and found someone who would work with me. My team quit...I started over. I was confronted with other obstacles. I moved around them! Quitting was not an option for me, I had made a promise to myself. Persistence is the Key!

The act of making that commitment, or goal if you will, had allowed me the time to get through some of the learning curve I faced. It also caused me to develop some new skills which I had not possessed before. It allowed me to build confidence in my abilities as a NETWORK MARKETER. Without that seemingly small commitment, I surely would have failed.

If I could share only thing with a person who is just getting started or considering direct sales, or Network Marketing it would be this; Set a ONE YEAR Goal to still be there, make income a part of the Goal. Figure out how much you want to earn from your new business in that first year. Break the income down into Benchmarks of first 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, 9 months. And, finally back it up with commitment and action. Persistent and consistent ACTION!

Commitment is doing the thing you said you’d do long after the mood you said it in has passed! (p.52 of Robert Kiyosaki’s The Business School)

Whether you are just exploring the possibilities of starting in Network Marketing, or are already building a Direct Sales Business and not accomplishing all that you feel you could be, you owe it to yourself to check out the Learn and Earn University

0 comments: